Application to the Master's degree program Business Administration and Engineering Power Technology
Currently, there is no numerus clausus (NC) for the Master's degree program "Business Administration and Engineering: Electrical Power Engineering". However, it has limited access nevertheless, i.e., a first recognized university degree through which the necessary educational background for the Master course of study can be proven, is needed. The requirements for admission are defined in the respective examination regulations (PO). Therefore, a formal application to the Examination Board “Business Administration and Engineering: Electrical Power Engineering” of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology is required. For different groups of applicants, there are slightly different application procedures. These are described below.
Application Routes for Different Target Groups
You are already studying in our Bachelor's degree program Business Administration and Engineering: Electrical Power Engineering at RWTH Aachen University and want to change to our Master's degree program (BA & E)?
Also the future graduates of our own Bachelor's degree program Business Administration and Engineering: Electrical Power Engineering have to apply. But in their case the professional competence doesn't need to be checked. Necessary information can be found here shortly.
You studied at a German university or you studied as German citizen at a foreign university?
You achived your Bachelor degree at a German university or "Fachhochschule" (university of applied science) in "Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering" or in a similar german programme and you would like to continue your studies with the Master programme. You are a foreign student with a German education. In this case your nationality is irrelevant. Or you are German citizen and have a foreign first dergee.
1. Step: Please fill in the online application form!
In addition to personal data and previous universitiy education we need information about how you fulfilled the preconditions for admittance in your opinion.
2. Step: Preparing application documents.
Provide following evidences for your application:
- The confirmation of your formal qualifications, that means a recognized degree. If your diploma is not available at the moment of the application, please show a current certification of your level of preformance with a list of all already completed modules and the points given from the competent university. In this case please add a schedule with the modules that have to be completed with the corresponding credits.
- Module descriptions of the modules ("4. Fachliche Vorbildung") in the application form (extract from the mudule cataloge)
- your curriculum vitae with a detailed description of your previous career.
- if neccessary: a proof of adequate German language skills in your application to the mostly German-taught fields of study: Electrical Power Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Micro- and Nanoelectronics, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and System Engineering and Automation
- if neccessary: a proof of adequate English language skills in your application to the mostly English-taught fileds of study:Electrical Power Engineering und Communications Engineering
3. Step: Send application documents.
Please send your application documents in due time, that means to the 15th of july of each subsequant winter semester respectively to the 15th of january of each subsequant summer semester to the address shown in the online application form.
You have a citizenship from an EU/EEA state but you did not study in Germany?
You have the nationality of a country outside the EU/EEA and you have not studied at a German university but wish to attend to one of the German taught focus areas?
You don't belong to any of the target groups?
Please contact the students' advisors of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
Are the scores of contraint modules relevant?
No, constraint modules are only checked for passing.